Informative, List, Viral
January 14, 2017
Cheap and easy!
Having dark lips is something many women (and men) are not proud of. Smoking is one of the reasons why lips turn dark, but there are many other reasons. What causes dark lips may depend on a number of factors such as mechanical, skin disorders, chemical or lifestyle factors.
Excessive exposure of lips to sunlight triggers production of melanin, smoking and chewing tobacco and high intake of caffeinated products. Allergic reactions and skin related conditions such as jaundice, dermatitis, lentigo, anemia and cyanosis.
So how do I get rid of dark lips and attain pink, smooth lips? Here are a few home remedies—try one and expect good results!
- Squeeze a lemon and apply the juice on your lips before going to bed. Follow this simple remedy daily for one to two months.
- Take a thin slice of lemon, sprinkle a bit of sugar on top and rub it on your lips. It will exfoliate dead cells so new, fresh skin can appear. Use this remedy daily for a few weeks.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a mixture of one-half teaspoon each of lemon juice, glycerin and honey. Apply it on your lips before going to bed. Do this daily until you see positive results.
- Mix one drop of rose water with a few drops of honey and apply it on your lips. Do this three or four times a day.
- Mix one tablespoon of rose petal paste and one teaspoon of butter, honey, or milk cream. Apply it on your lips and gently scrub. Follow this remedy two times a week.
- Soak a few rose petals in raw milk for one hour, and then grind the mixture to make a paste. Add one-half teaspoon of honey and a pinch of saffron to it. Apply the paste on your lips and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Do this two times a day.
- Apply a few drops of extra virgin olive oil on your lips and massage it gently. Do this daily before going to bed.
- Alternatively, mix one-half teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Scrub your lips gently with this mixture once a week. This simple recipe will restore your natural lip color and shine within a month or two.
- Blend three tablespoons of granulated sugar and two tablespoons of butter to make a thick paste. Scrub your lips gently with the paste. Do this once a week to restore your natural lip color and shine.
- You can also make a scrub by mixing one teaspoon of granulated sugar, one teaspoon of honey, and one-half teaspoon of almond oil. Use it to scrub your lips once a week.
- Alternatively, you can simply mix some sugar with cold cream and use it to scrub your lips gently before going to bed. Do this once a week.
- Apply fresh beetroot juice on your lips before going to bed. Wash it off the next morning. The natural red color of the juice will turn your dark lips rosy. Do this daily before going to bed.
- You can mix equal amounts of beetroot juice and carrot juice and apply it on your lips. Massage gently and leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for a week or two.
- Mix together one tablespoon of crushed pomegranate seeds and a little milk cream and rose water. Apply this paste on your lips and gently scrub for a few minutes.Wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
- Mix equal amounts of pomegranate juice, beetroot juice and carrot juice. Apply it on your dark lips once daily.
Simply rub a slice of cucumber against your lips gently so that your lips absorb the juice. Do this for five minutes each day.
- Mix one-half tablespoon of raspberry juice with a little aloe vera gel and honey. Apply the paste on your lips and scrub gently. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this three or four times a week.
- Mix one tablespoon of strawberry juice with two tablespoons of petroleum jelly. Use this mixture as lip balm twice daily.
- Apply honey on your lips before going to bed and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this daily to make your lips pink.
- Mix one-half teaspoon each of yogurt, honey, and gram flour to make a paste. Apply the paste on your lips and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once daily.
- Mix five or six drops of almond oil with one tablespoon of honey and put it on your lips whenever they feel dry. Within days, your lips will become soft and smooth and have a natural pink glow.
- Massage your lips with a mixture of equal amounts of castor oil and almond oil to lighten their color.
- Mix coconut oil and almond oil in equal amounts. Apply a coat of this mixture on your lips before going to bed and leave it on overnight. Do this daily.