She Thought Her Daughter Got A Mosquito Bite, But It Was Much More Dangerous

800x420-1483019426.png


Mosquito bites are absolutely awful to deal with, but they usually go away after a few days.

As long as you don’t scratch, the redness and itchy spots should disappear without a trace. Sometimes, what you think is a bug bite can be much more dangerous, however. The Spilman family found out the hard way when a family vacation turned into a nightmare after their daughter contracted a flesh-eating virus.

Seven-year-old Mia Spilman was with her family along the water in Rye, Australia, when she got what appeared to be a mosquito bite.

Read More: Those Baby Wipes You Use On Everything? They Might Not Be So Safe After All

Doctors were baffled by the antibiotic-resistant bite when the Spilmans brought the little girl in for treatment.

“She was scratching away and it became red and raw so we went to the doctors and she was given a course of antibiotics but it didn’t improve,” her mother, Amalia, said.



Source link