Fruitcakes and pound cakes always pop up during the holiday season, despite their terrible reputations.
Every year, my grandmother gives me a fruitcake. Not only does it taste disgusting, but the grossest thing about it is that it never seems to go bad. And pound cakes? They’re so flavorless, it’s like they’re not even trying.
There are, however, ways to salvage these not-so-tasty treats. Here are 15 recipes that will change the way you think about these hated desserts.
1. This red velvet pound cake puts a tasty spin on a typically bland dessert.
2. This recipe for mini fruitcakes is over 100 years old.
Read More: Cinnamon Is The Spice Of The Season And These 20 Recipes Will Make You Feel Cozy
3. Or you can really surprise guests with these chewy fruitcake cookies!
4. Lemon pound cake is WAY better than the boring version.
5. And cinnamon roll pound cake might be even better than lemon!
6. This one is called the “world’s best fruitcake.” What more proof do you need?
7. And here is Elvis Presley’s favorite pound cake! Who knew?!
8. I’d love to have a slice of this blueberry pound cake for breakfast.
9. This boozy fruitcake can be spiked with brandy or rum.
10. And this pecan pound cake is loaded with bourbon!
11. Pumpkin pound cake with brown butter glaze? Get in my belly!
12. Even the pickiest eaters won’t be able to say no to this white chocolate fruitcake fudge.
13. Or this insane Twix pound cake! Just look at all that caramel.
14. Butterfinger pound cakes also exist, Heaven help me.
Read More: It’s Time To Switch Things Up By Taking Thanksgiving Favorites To The Next Level
15. In the Caribbean, this black fruitcake is considered to be a sign of love.
Well, that takes care of my Christmas shopping. Everyone’s getting a cake this year!